Mar 23, 2010, 7:58 AM EDT
The New York Times reports that A-Rod is going to meet with federal investigators in Buffalo on Friday in connection with the Dr. Galea investigation. As has been widely reported, The feds are seeking to establish whether Galea has distributed
performance-enhancing drugs in the U.S., and all indications that, like Jose Reyes, Rodriguez is merely considered a witness to that end.
To the extent there is any real heat arising out of this meeting, it’s political, as opposed to legal heat: A-Rod apparently once told the Yankees he had not been treated by Galea, while Galea said in a recent interview that he did in fact treat A-Rod for an inflamed hip. Rodriguez is well-represented in this matter, of course, so I presume that he will be shooting straight with the feds on this point. I also presume that, if he ever did tell the Yankees a different story, the Yankees will downplay it going forward in the interests of avoiding a media circus.
Anyway, there’s really nothing else new here, so I’ll just note that this meeting likely kills any chances of A-Rod winning the fifth starter’s job.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 7
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (199)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)