Mar 23, 2010, 7:58 AM EST
The New York Times reports that A-Rod is going to meet with federal investigators in Buffalo on Friday in connection with the Dr. Galea investigation. As has been widely reported, The feds are seeking to establish whether Galea has distributed
performance-enhancing drugs in the U.S., and all indications that, like Jose Reyes, Rodriguez is merely considered a witness to that end.
To the extent there is any real heat arising out of this meeting, it’s political, as opposed to legal heat: A-Rod apparently once told the Yankees he had not been treated by Galea, while Galea said in a recent interview that he did in fact treat A-Rod for an inflamed hip. Rodriguez is well-represented in this matter, of course, so I presume that he will be shooting straight with the feds on this point. I also presume that, if he ever did tell the Yankees a different story, the Yankees will downplay it going forward in the interests of avoiding a media circus.
Anyway, there’s really nothing else new here, so I’ll just note that this meeting likely kills any chances of A-Rod winning the fifth starter’s job.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (237)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)