Mar 23, 2010, 10:55 AM EST
There’s a story Rich Harden’s rough spring in today’s Boston Herald. The gist of it: no one is panicking. Everything’s going to be cool. The passage that caught my eye: “Oh, the Texas Rangers have the radar gun readings — low 90s. Nothing to
be concerned about there.”
Why did that catch my eye? Because this morning Buster Olney said “Rich Harden’s fastball the other day was clocked at 84-88 mph. Not good.” Those things don’t go together. And when you’re dealing with a guy with Harden’s health history, stories like those in the Herald aren’t going to be given the benefit of the doubt.
Rangers fans: what’s up with Harden? Bad luck, or is he really dealing fat ones up there?
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)