Mar 23, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
There’s a story Rich Harden’s rough spring in today’s Boston Herald. The gist of it: no one is panicking. Everything’s going to be cool. The passage that caught my eye: “Oh, the Texas Rangers have the radar gun readings — low 90s. Nothing to
be concerned about there.”
Why did that catch my eye? Because this morning Buster Olney said “Rich Harden’s fastball the other day was clocked at 84-88 mph. Not good.” Those things don’t go together. And when you’re dealing with a guy with Harden’s health history, stories like those in the Herald aren’t going to be given the benefit of the doubt.
Rangers fans: what’s up with Harden? Bad luck, or is he really dealing fat ones up there?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)