Mar 23, 2010, 10:55 AM EST
There’s a story Rich Harden’s rough spring in today’s Boston Herald. The gist of it: no one is panicking. Everything’s going to be cool. The passage that caught my eye: “Oh, the Texas Rangers have the radar gun readings — low 90s. Nothing to
be concerned about there.”
Why did that catch my eye? Because this morning Buster Olney said “Rich Harden’s fastball the other day was clocked at 84-88 mph. Not good.” Those things don’t go together. And when you’re dealing with a guy with Harden’s health history, stories like those in the Herald aren’t going to be given the benefit of the doubt.
Rangers fans: what’s up with Harden? Bad luck, or is he really dealing fat ones up there?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)