Mar 23, 2010, 10:55 AM EST
There’s a story Rich Harden’s rough spring in today’s Boston Herald. The gist of it: no one is panicking. Everything’s going to be cool. The passage that caught my eye: “Oh, the Texas Rangers have the radar gun readings — low 90s. Nothing to
be concerned about there.”
Why did that catch my eye? Because this morning Buster Olney said “Rich Harden’s fastball the other day was clocked at 84-88 mph. Not good.” Those things don’t go together. And when you’re dealing with a guy with Harden’s health history, stories like those in the Herald aren’t going to be given the benefit of the doubt.
Rangers fans: what’s up with Harden? Bad luck, or is he really dealing fat ones up there?
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 0
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86