Mar 23, 2010, 8:29 AM EDT
Joe Torre apparently has an open door to come back to the Dodgers after this year, and he and the team have been negotiating about it, but now Torre has put a halt to the talks, saying he has “more important things to worry about” like getting the team ready for the season.
This really all seems to be about Torre not knowing whether he wants to manage anymore. He said as much a couple of weeks ago, and Frank McCourt says as much in the article.
You wonder if the longer he waits the less likely he is to come back after this year. The season, she is long, and apart from the World Series winners, you almost always get the sense that guys are exhausted after the year is over and maybe a tad negative about the grind as well. In light of that, if the can’t picture himself continuing on as spring optimism blooms, one wonders if he’ll be able to do so later.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)