Mar 23, 2010, 8:29 AM EDT
Joe Torre apparently has an open door to come back to the Dodgers after this year, and he and the team have been negotiating about it, but now Torre has put a halt to the talks, saying he has “more important things to worry about” like getting the team ready for the season.
This really all seems to be about Torre not knowing whether he wants to manage anymore. He said as much a couple of weeks ago, and Frank McCourt says as much in the article.
You wonder if the longer he waits the less likely he is to come back after this year. The season, she is long, and apart from the World Series winners, you almost always get the sense that guys are exhausted after the year is over and maybe a tad negative about the grind as well. In light of that, if the can’t picture himself continuing on as spring optimism blooms, one wonders if he’ll be able to do so later.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)