Mar 23, 2010, 10:28 AM EDT
UPDATE: Forget it. Reyes has now been cleared to resume playing ball and is heading back to the Mets camp today. Great news for the Mets and their fans. Not so good news for Netflix.
The Post’s Kevin Kernan caught up with Jose Reyes, who is sitting at home waiting for his thyroid levels to return to normal. What’s he doing?
“I’m still lying down on my couch every day. I’ve seen like 20
movies so far.”
Which is his favorite?
“I enjoy every one,”
he said. “I got nothing to do, that’s what I got to do.”
This is profoundly depressing. If he had a leg injury or something he could at least do upper body work. If he had a bum elbow he could at least ride an exercise bike. The notion of a professional athlete sidelined by something that prevents him from being able to be with the team or do anything productive from a baseball perspective is really, really sad.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)