Mar 23, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Update: Sounds like Pedroia will get an X-ray on the wrist as a precaution, per Benjamin.
9:00 pm: Amalie Benjamin reports that Pedroia did not receive X-rays on the wrist, though he did leave the park. He’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
8:20 pm: Dustin Pedroia exited Tuesday night’s game against the Twins with a mild sprain of the right wrist, reports Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe.
Pedroia landed awkwardly on the wrist while diving for a ball off the bat of leadoff hitter Denard Span during the first inning. He was replaced in the second inning by Angel Sanchez.
The good news is that the Boston second baseman is currently listed as day-to-day. Feel free to exhale.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)