Mar 23, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Update: Sounds like Pedroia will get an X-ray on the wrist as a precaution, per Benjamin.
9:00 pm: Amalie Benjamin reports that Pedroia did not receive X-rays on the wrist, though he did leave the park. He’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
8:20 pm: Dustin Pedroia exited Tuesday night’s game against the Twins with a mild sprain of the right wrist, reports Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe.
Pedroia landed awkwardly on the wrist while diving for a ball off the bat of leadoff hitter Denard Span during the first inning. He was replaced in the second inning by Angel Sanchez.
The good news is that the Boston second baseman is currently listed as day-to-day. Feel free to exhale.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 51
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 46
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 112
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (190)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (112)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)