Mar 23, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Update: Sounds like Pedroia will get an X-ray on the wrist as a precaution, per Benjamin.
9:00 pm: Amalie Benjamin reports that Pedroia did not receive X-rays on the wrist, though he did leave the park. He’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
8:20 pm: Dustin Pedroia exited Tuesday night’s game against the Twins with a mild sprain of the right wrist, reports Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe.
Pedroia landed awkwardly on the wrist while diving for a ball off the bat of leadoff hitter Denard Span during the first inning. He was replaced in the second inning by Angel Sanchez.
The good news is that the Boston second baseman is currently listed as day-to-day. Feel free to exhale.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 33
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 47
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 23
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (163)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)