Mar 23, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Update: Sounds like Pedroia will get an X-ray on the wrist as a precaution, per Benjamin.
9:00 pm: Amalie Benjamin reports that Pedroia did not receive X-rays on the wrist, though he did leave the park. He’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
8:20 pm: Dustin Pedroia exited Tuesday night’s game against the Twins with a mild sprain of the right wrist, reports Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe.
Pedroia landed awkwardly on the wrist while diving for a ball off the bat of leadoff hitter Denard Span during the first inning. He was replaced in the second inning by Angel Sanchez.
The good news is that the Boston second baseman is currently listed as day-to-day. Feel free to exhale.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 7
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (119)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)