Mar 23, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Update: Sounds like Pedroia will get an X-ray on the wrist as a precaution, per Benjamin.
9:00 pm: Amalie Benjamin reports that Pedroia did not receive X-rays on the wrist, though he did leave the park. He’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
8:20 pm: Dustin Pedroia exited Tuesday night’s game against the Twins with a mild sprain of the right wrist, reports Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe.
Pedroia landed awkwardly on the wrist while diving for a ball off the bat of leadoff hitter Denard Span during the first inning. He was replaced in the second inning by Angel Sanchez.
The good news is that the Boston second baseman is currently listed as day-to-day. Feel free to exhale.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)