Mar 24, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
Mariners’ starter Cliff Lee played catch yesterday and reported continued discomfort in his injured abdomen. The hope was that the few days of rest he’s had would have made things better, but apparently not. Don Wakamatsu put a positive spin on things, saying that he was pleased that Lee “did not feel any sharp pain in there.”
Regardless, Wakamatsu admits that Lee won’t be ready for his first start, which would likely come in Game 2 of the season.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32