Mar 24, 2010, 9:14 PM EDT
UPDATE: Upton took to Twitter Wednesday evening to explain that his ankle is “fine” and that he was pulled as a precaution. He expects to return after a few days of rest.
5:15pm: MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert tweets that Justin Upton has left today’s Dbacks game against the White Sox with a sprained ankle. Hard to say when it happened, as there was no cart-him-off-the-field moment. He singled, stole a base and scored in the second inning, and was subsequently pulled.
No word on how serious it is yet, either but we can assume it’s more serious than an unsprained ankle, right? Simple deduction, my friends. Or is that induction? Hmmm. I’ll be right back. I have to consult my collected works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Updates as they become available, of course, because that’s how we do.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)