Mar 24, 2010, 9:14 PM EST
UPDATE: Upton took to Twitter Wednesday evening to explain that his ankle is “fine” and that he was pulled as a precaution. He expects to return after a few days of rest.
5:15pm: MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert tweets that Justin Upton has left today’s Dbacks game against the White Sox with a sprained ankle. Hard to say when it happened, as there was no cart-him-off-the-field moment. He singled, stole a base and scored in the second inning, and was subsequently pulled.
No word on how serious it is yet, either but we can assume it’s more serious than an unsprained ankle, right? Simple deduction, my friends. Or is that induction? Hmmm. I’ll be right back. I have to consult my collected works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Updates as they become available, of course, because that’s how we do.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)