Mar 24, 2010, 9:14 PM EDT
UPDATE: Upton took to Twitter Wednesday evening to explain that his ankle is “fine” and that he was pulled as a precaution. He expects to return after a few days of rest.
5:15pm: MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert tweets that Justin Upton has left today’s Dbacks game against the White Sox with a sprained ankle. Hard to say when it happened, as there was no cart-him-off-the-field moment. He singled, stole a base and scored in the second inning, and was subsequently pulled.
No word on how serious it is yet, either but we can assume it’s more serious than an unsprained ankle, right? Simple deduction, my friends. Or is that induction? Hmmm. I’ll be right back. I have to consult my collected works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Updates as they become available, of course, because that’s how we do.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 222
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (223)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)