Mar 24, 2010, 9:14 PM EST
UPDATE: Upton took to Twitter Wednesday evening to explain that his ankle is “fine” and that he was pulled as a precaution. He expects to return after a few days of rest.
5:15pm: MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert tweets that Justin Upton has left today’s Dbacks game against the White Sox with a sprained ankle. Hard to say when it happened, as there was no cart-him-off-the-field moment. He singled, stole a base and scored in the second inning, and was subsequently pulled.
No word on how serious it is yet, either but we can assume it’s more serious than an unsprained ankle, right? Simple deduction, my friends. Or is that induction? Hmmm. I’ll be right back. I have to consult my collected works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Updates as they become available, of course, because that’s how we do.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)