Mar 24, 2010, 1:07 AM EST
The drama and nastiness surrounding his split with wife Jamie has been very hard on Dodgers owner Frank McCourt. But he took the time to tell USA Today that he was very grateful for one thing: Tiger Woods:
“It’s tough. I’m not going to lie to you,” he says. “It’s a very, very sad thing. Nobody wants to go through this privately, never mind publicly.
“But in L.A., so much of it is about drama. L.A. is so much about personalities. It’s just how the city functions. This is a juicy story for people until it’s not juicy anymore. Then, they move on to somebody else’s story.
“Tiger Woods was fantastic for me.”
The McCourt’s are hurling accusations of infidelity at each other as they battle over money, ownership of the team, and who has been the meanest to the other. But what’s important is that Tiger Woods came along to distract everyone with an even more salacious scandal. That way Dodger fans can smile as their franchise is ruined saying “hey, at least our owner isn’t Tiger.”
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15