Mar 24, 2010, 1:07 AM EDT
The drama and nastiness surrounding his split with wife Jamie has been very hard on Dodgers owner Frank McCourt. But he took the time to tell USA Today that he was very grateful for one thing: Tiger Woods:
“It’s tough. I’m not going to lie to you,” he says. “It’s a very, very sad thing. Nobody wants to go through this privately, never mind publicly.
“But in L.A., so much of it is about drama. L.A. is so much about personalities. It’s just how the city functions. This is a juicy story for people until it’s not juicy anymore. Then, they move on to somebody else’s story.
“Tiger Woods was fantastic for me.”
The McCourt’s are hurling accusations of infidelity at each other as they battle over money, ownership of the team, and who has been the meanest to the other. But what’s important is that Tiger Woods came along to distract everyone with an even more salacious scandal. That way Dodger fans can smile as their franchise is ruined saying “hey, at least our owner isn’t Tiger.”
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona