Mar 24, 2010, 9:47 PM EST
Octavio Dotel finally made his spring debut Wednesday, tossing a scoreless ninth inning in the Pirates’ 6-4 loss to the Red Sox.
Dotel needed 22 pitches to make it through the frame and registered 12 balls along the way, but the situation could have been worse. Hobbled by an oblique injury over the first three-and-half weeks of camp, Dotel allowed only one walk and recorded a strikeout. The 36-year-old had a 3.55 ERA and 11.6 K/9 in 134 appearances over the last two seasons with the White Sox and is expected to close this season in Pittsburgh.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)