Mar 24, 2010, 9:47 PM EDT
Octavio Dotel finally made his spring debut Wednesday, tossing a scoreless ninth inning in the Pirates’ 6-4 loss to the Red Sox.
Dotel needed 22 pitches to make it through the frame and registered 12 balls along the way, but the situation could have been worse. Hobbled by an oblique injury over the first three-and-half weeks of camp, Dotel allowed only one walk and recorded a strikeout. The 36-year-old had a 3.55 ERA and 11.6 K/9 in 134 appearances over the last two seasons with the White Sox and is expected to close this season in Pittsburgh.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (135)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)