Mar 24, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia exited last night’s game after landing awkwardly on his right wrist, but Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that X-rays came back negative this morning.
Abraham notes that Pedroia should be cleared to take batting practice tomorrow and could return to game action as soon as Friday. He’s officially day-to-day with a mild sprain.
Over the past two seasons Pedroia has missed a grand total of just 13 games while piling up the most plate appearances in all of baseball with 1,440.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17