Mar 24, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia exited last night’s game after landing awkwardly on his right wrist, but Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that X-rays came back negative this morning.
Abraham notes that Pedroia should be cleared to take batting practice tomorrow and could return to game action as soon as Friday. He’s officially day-to-day with a mild sprain.
Over the past two seasons Pedroia has missed a grand total of just 13 games while piling up the most plate appearances in all of baseball with 1,440.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)