Mar 24, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia exited last night’s game after landing awkwardly on his right wrist, but Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that X-rays came back negative this morning.
Abraham notes that Pedroia should be cleared to take batting practice tomorrow and could return to game action as soon as Friday. He’s officially day-to-day with a mild sprain.
Over the past two seasons Pedroia has missed a grand total of just 13 games while piling up the most plate appearances in all of baseball with 1,440.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)