Mar 24, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia exited last night’s game after landing awkwardly on his right wrist, but Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that X-rays came back negative this morning.
Abraham notes that Pedroia should be cleared to take batting practice tomorrow and could return to game action as soon as Friday. He’s officially day-to-day with a mild sprain.
Over the past two seasons Pedroia has missed a grand total of just 13 games while piling up the most plate appearances in all of baseball with 1,440.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)