Mar 24, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
Albert Pujols has rejoined the Cardinals’ lineup this afternoon, batting third and playing first base, just two days after receiving an anti-inflammatory shot in his sore lower back.
Pujols has been limited by back problems for much of spring training, sitting out most of last week and being a last-minute scratch from several different lineups, but an MRI exam Monday apparently showed nothing major.
That the Cardinals are willing to let him get right back into game action so quickly when resting him for another day or two in the middle of spring training wouldn’t impact much of anything suggests that they aren’t very worried. Hopefully he can avoid tweaking the injury again before Opening Day arrives.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 29
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (209)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)