Mar 24, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT
Albert Pujols has rejoined the Cardinals’ lineup this afternoon, batting third and playing first base, just two days after receiving an anti-inflammatory shot in his sore lower back.
Pujols has been limited by back problems for much of spring training, sitting out most of last week and being a last-minute scratch from several different lineups, but an MRI exam Monday apparently showed nothing major.
That the Cardinals are willing to let him get right back into game action so quickly when resting him for another day or two in the middle of spring training wouldn’t impact much of anything suggests that they aren’t very worried. Hopefully he can avoid tweaking the injury again before Opening Day arrives.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 76
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)