Mar 25, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
Terry Francona has yet to formally announce his rotation, but today he basically admitted that Josh Beckett will be pitching the Sunday night opener against the Yankees:
Asked if all the pitchers would be making the trip to Washington D.C.
for the one exhibition game on April 3, Francona said, “Everybody will
go with us. I think even Beckett.” Veteran Red Sox scribe Sean
McAdam kiddingly asked Francona why he would single Beckett out.
Everyone laughed. Francona was then asked if this was a good time to
announce his Opening Night starter. But he respectfully declined . . .
Tricksy Red Sox beat writers
- Report: Cuban infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 1
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 12
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 10
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 142
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (143)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)