Mar 25, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Terry Francona has yet to formally announce his rotation, but today he basically admitted that Josh Beckett will be pitching the Sunday night opener against the Yankees:
Asked if all the pitchers would be making the trip to Washington D.C.
for the one exhibition game on April 3, Francona said, “Everybody will
go with us. I think even Beckett.” Veteran Red Sox scribe Sean
McAdam kiddingly asked Francona why he would single Beckett out.
Everyone laughed. Francona was then asked if this was a good time to
announce his Opening Night starter. But he respectfully declined . . .
Tricksy Red Sox beat writers
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him