Mar 25, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Terry Francona has yet to formally announce his rotation, but today he basically admitted that Josh Beckett will be pitching the Sunday night opener against the Yankees:
Asked if all the pitchers would be making the trip to Washington D.C.
for the one exhibition game on April 3, Francona said, “Everybody will
go with us. I think even Beckett.” Veteran Red Sox scribe Sean
McAdam kiddingly asked Francona why he would single Beckett out.
Everyone laughed. Francona was then asked if this was a good time to
announce his Opening Night starter. But he respectfully declined . . .
Tricksy Red Sox beat writers
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)