Mar 25, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Brett Myers faced his phormer Philly teammates today, the phirst time he did so since signing with the Astros. Unfortunately for him he had to leave the game with a strained groin. He’s going to be reevaluated Friday. He doesn’t think it’s serious.
As a professional sportswriter I am obligated to say that he “tweaked” his groin — because that’s what you do to groins — while covering first base on a groundout. Myers allowed seven hits and three runs in 5.1
innings before leaving. He got booed when he started the game, but received a nice ovation from the fans in Clearwater when he
walked off the mound.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 122
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (126)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)