Mar 25, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
Brett Myers faced his phormer Philly teammates today, the phirst time he did so since signing with the Astros. Unfortunately for him he had to leave the game with a strained groin. He’s going to be reevaluated Friday. He doesn’t think it’s serious.
As a professional sportswriter I am obligated to say that he “tweaked” his groin — because that’s what you do to groins — while covering first base on a groundout. Myers allowed seven hits and three runs in 5.1
innings before leaving. He got booed when he started the game, but received a nice ovation from the fans in Clearwater when he
walked off the mound.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 20
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 17
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)