Mar 25, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
Brett Myers faced his phormer Philly teammates today, the phirst time he did so since signing with the Astros. Unfortunately for him he had to leave the game with a strained groin. He’s going to be reevaluated Friday. He doesn’t think it’s serious.
As a professional sportswriter I am obligated to say that he “tweaked” his groin — because that’s what you do to groins — while covering first base on a groundout. Myers allowed seven hits and three runs in 5.1
innings before leaving. He got booed when he started the game, but received a nice ovation from the fans in Clearwater when he
walked off the mound.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27