Mar 25, 2010, 9:54 PM EDT
According to Andrew Baggarly of San Jose Mercury News, Giants infielder Emmanuel Burriss had a screw inserted into his left foot last weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina and is expected to sit idly for the next 10 weeks.
“We determined this was the best route for Manny,” Giants trainer Dave Groeschner said Thursday. “Not
just to get back this year, but to make sure this doesn’t happen in the
Burriss, who turned 25 in mid-January, threw up an ugly .238/.292/.267 batting line with zero home runs and 13 RBI in 202 at-bats last season for the Giants. He’s a .262/.328/.301 career hitter with 24 stolen bases over 156 major league games. Once he works his way back to full health — presumably around late May — the Giants are likely to send him off to Triple-A Fresno.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)