Mar 25, 2010, 9:54 PM EDT
According to Andrew Baggarly of San Jose Mercury News, Giants infielder Emmanuel Burriss had a screw inserted into his left foot last weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina and is expected to sit idly for the next 10 weeks.
“We determined this was the best route for Manny,” Giants trainer Dave Groeschner said Thursday. “Not
just to get back this year, but to make sure this doesn’t happen in the
Burriss, who turned 25 in mid-January, threw up an ugly .238/.292/.267 batting line with zero home runs and 13 RBI in 202 at-bats last season for the Giants. He’s a .262/.328/.301 career hitter with 24 stolen bases over 156 major league games. Once he works his way back to full health — presumably around late May — the Giants are likely to send him off to Triple-A Fresno.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy