Mar 25, 2010, 9:54 PM EDT
According to Andrew Baggarly of San Jose Mercury News, Giants infielder Emmanuel Burriss had a screw inserted into his left foot last weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina and is expected to sit idly for the next 10 weeks.
“We determined this was the best route for Manny,” Giants trainer Dave Groeschner said Thursday. “Not
just to get back this year, but to make sure this doesn’t happen in the
Burriss, who turned 25 in mid-January, threw up an ugly .238/.292/.267 batting line with zero home runs and 13 RBI in 202 at-bats last season for the Giants. He’s a .262/.328/.301 career hitter with 24 stolen bases over 156 major league games. Once he works his way back to full health — presumably around late May — the Giants are likely to send him off to Triple-A Fresno.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 11
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 51
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 15
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 12
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)