Mar 25, 2010, 9:54 PM EST
According to Andrew Baggarly of San Jose Mercury News, Giants infielder Emmanuel Burriss had a screw inserted into his left foot last weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina and is expected to sit idly for the next 10 weeks.
“We determined this was the best route for Manny,” Giants trainer Dave Groeschner said Thursday. “Not
just to get back this year, but to make sure this doesn’t happen in the
Burriss, who turned 25 in mid-January, threw up an ugly .238/.292/.267 batting line with zero home runs and 13 RBI in 202 at-bats last season for the Giants. He’s a .262/.328/.301 career hitter with 24 stolen bases over 156 major league games. Once he works his way back to full health — presumably around late May — the Giants are likely to send him off to Triple-A Fresno.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)