Mar 25, 2010, 11:44 AM EST
Showing that Jason Heyward isn’t the only player who can destroy property with his hits during spring training, Hideki Matsui somehow managed to smash the windshield of Angels owner Arte Moreno’s car with a foul ball yesterday.
Bill Plunkett of the Orange Country Register has the details:
Matsui hit a long foul ball down the right-field line that curled far from the field, bounced on the clubhouse roof, and dropped onto the windshield of owner Arte Moreno’s car, leaving a spiderweb of cracks on the passenger’s side of the owner’s Mercedes CL600 V2.
Torii Hunter made a joke about the cost coming out of Matsui’s first check and then pointed out the damage to Howie Kendrick, who had this brilliant response that brought back memories of elementary school trouble-making: “Awwww … Matsui’s in troub-le!”
“Triple-A is fine,” Matsui said. “As long as I don’t get fired.”
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)