Mar 25, 2010, 11:44 AM EDT
Showing that Jason Heyward isn’t the only player who can destroy property with his hits during spring training, Hideki Matsui somehow managed to smash the windshield of Angels owner Arte Moreno’s car with a foul ball yesterday.
Bill Plunkett of the Orange Country Register has the details:
Matsui hit a long foul ball down the right-field line that curled far from the field, bounced on the clubhouse roof, and dropped onto the windshield of owner Arte Moreno’s car, leaving a spiderweb of cracks on the passenger’s side of the owner’s Mercedes CL600 V2.
Torii Hunter made a joke about the cost coming out of Matsui’s first check and then pointed out the damage to Howie Kendrick, who had this brilliant response that brought back memories of elementary school trouble-making: “Awwww … Matsui’s in troub-le!”
“Triple-A is fine,” Matsui said. “As long as I don’t get fired.”
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming