Milton Bradley: "If I was a musician, I'd be Kanye West"

Mar 25, 2010, 5:15 PM EST

Milton Bradley headshot 2.jpgMilton Bradley:

“If I was a musician, I’d be Kanye West. If I was in the NBA, I’d be Ron
Artest. In baseball, they’ve got Milton Bradley.
I’m that guy. You need people like me, so you can point your finger and
go, ‘There goes the bad guy.'”

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Milton Bradley needs to think that we think of him as a bad guy more than we actually need him as a bad guy.  Really, we’d all be fine if you just disappeared, Milton.

And while I’m not the biggest Kanye fan in the world, he’d be embarassed by the West/Artest rhyme in that first line. That sounds like something from a Kurtis Blow song.

Um, not that there’s anything wrong with Kurtis Blow . . .

1. RichardInDallas - Mar 25, 2010 at 5:38 PM

CC, you really shouldn’t give away your age like that. Really? Kurtis Blow? That was 25-30 years ago! I know, I was there…

2. Evan - Mar 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM

“…so you’re a gay fish.”

3. Mark - Mar 25, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Milton, I’m real happy for you and Imma let you finish. But Barry Bonds is the baddest guy of all time.

4. Old Gator - Mar 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Milton, when are you guys releasing that new deluxe edition of Ouija Scrabble with the Ebonics option?

5. Tom - Mar 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM

If you are equating any part of your life to the movie “Scarface” maybe you should step back and take a better look at yourself.

6. scatterbrian - Mar 25, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Evan FTW

7. gumbercules - Mar 25, 2010 at 6:17 PM

No…really. The Scarface thing – that was like a word for word quote. Did Milty really think he could get away with that?

8. Ryan - Mar 25, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Amazingly appropriate GraphJam from this morning:

9. bunbun - Mar 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM

why on earth would anyone make such a stupid statement.
    1st Kayne wset is black.
    2nd kayne wset is an idiot

10. bunbun - Mar 25, 2010 at 7:04 PM

why would anyone make such a stupid statement??
    1st Kayne wset is black
    2nd kayne wset is an idiot

11. Stone - Mar 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Jeez. I could almost feel bad for Milton Bradley until I read this and realize the guy doesn’t get it at all. Kanye West is a giant douche with no concept of reality. Good work, Milton.

12. jackie boy - Mar 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Milton, the only peace you’ll find is when you die. I hope you find peace as soon as possible.

13. Motherscratcher - Mar 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I don’t think Kanye is a giant douche. I think he’s more of a turd sandwich.

14. Rays fan - Mar 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Anyone else immediately think of “A Few Good Men?”
    “…You want me on that wall! You need me on that wall!”
    That’s it Milton! Go stand a post down at GITMO.

15. Seth - Mar 26, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Yes, the baseball world hopes for another talented jackass who can’t shut the hole in his face.
    See ball. Hit ball.

16. Jonny5 - Mar 26, 2010 at 9:36 AM

His life would be so much easier on him if he’d just learn to shut the Fluck up. 8 teams in 11 years says it all.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5461)