Mar 25, 2010, 1:17 AM EDT
According to the Associated Press, former player agent and Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Jeff Moorad has become essentially a 50-percent partner in owning the San Diego Padres.
Moorad made a $45 million wire transfer (what, no PayPal?) to John Moores today to give his ownership group a 50 percent stake. Moorad, who has been Padres CEO and a minority owner for the past year, will also hold a 30 percent stake in ownership of Petco Park.
I’m not sure what impact this will have on the Padres’ financial situation, but while people are handing out $45 million wire transfers, it might make sense for someone to find out Adrian Gonzalez’s bank account number and send a couple his way.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (354)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)