Mar 25, 2010, 1:17 AM EST
According to the Associated Press, former player agent and Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Jeff Moorad has become essentially a 50-percent partner in owning the San Diego Padres.
Moorad made a $45 million wire transfer (what, no PayPal?) to John Moores today to give his ownership group a 50 percent stake. Moorad, who has been Padres CEO and a minority owner for the past year, will also hold a 30 percent stake in ownership of Petco Park.
I’m not sure what impact this will have on the Padres’ financial situation, but while people are handing out $45 million wire transfers, it might make sense for someone to find out Adrian Gonzalez’s bank account number and send a couple his way.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)