Mar 25, 2010, 1:17 AM EDT
According to the Associated Press, former player agent and Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Jeff Moorad has become essentially a 50-percent partner in owning the San Diego Padres.
Moorad made a $45 million wire transfer (what, no PayPal?) to John Moores today to give his ownership group a 50 percent stake. Moorad, who has been Padres CEO and a minority owner for the past year, will also hold a 30 percent stake in ownership of Petco Park.
I’m not sure what impact this will have on the Padres’ financial situation, but while people are handing out $45 million wire transfers, it might make sense for someone to find out Adrian Gonzalez’s bank account number and send a couple his way.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)