Mar 25, 2010, 1:17 AM EDT
According to the Associated Press, former player agent and Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Jeff Moorad has become essentially a 50-percent partner in owning the San Diego Padres.
Moorad made a $45 million wire transfer (what, no PayPal?) to John Moores today to give his ownership group a 50 percent stake. Moorad, who has been Padres CEO and a minority owner for the past year, will also hold a 30 percent stake in ownership of Petco Park.
I’m not sure what impact this will have on the Padres’ financial situation, but while people are handing out $45 million wire transfers, it might make sense for someone to find out Adrian Gonzalez’s bank account number and send a couple his way.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11