Mar 25, 2010, 1:17 AM EST
According to the Associated Press, former player agent and Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Jeff Moorad has become essentially a 50-percent partner in owning the San Diego Padres.
Moorad made a $45 million wire transfer (what, no PayPal?) to John Moores today to give his ownership group a 50 percent stake. Moorad, who has been Padres CEO and a minority owner for the past year, will also hold a 30 percent stake in ownership of Petco Park.
I’m not sure what impact this will have on the Padres’ financial situation, but while people are handing out $45 million wire transfers, it might make sense for someone to find out Adrian Gonzalez’s bank account number and send a couple his way.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)