Mar 25, 2010, 8:03 PM EDT
Russell Martin, slowed early in camp by a pulled groin, caught four innings of a minor league game on Thursday and reported no pain or discomfort, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Dylan Hernandez.
The outing went so well, in fact, that he’s already slated to catch six innings of a Triple-A exhibition game on Friday afternoon. Martin compiled an ugly .250/.352/.329 batting line last season with just seven home runs and 53
RBI in 505 at-bats. He’s hoping to turn his career around this year and expects to be ready by the start of the regular season.
If it doesn’t work out, and he’s not available on Opening Day, look for 28-year-old A.J. Ellis and 40-year-old veteran Brad Ausmus to split time behind the plate in his absence.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 27
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)