Mar 25, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that Cliff Lee probably won’t be back until Week 3 of the season and that, because of that, the Mariners are “seriously considering” bringing Jarrod Washburn back.
Washburn, it has been reported, turned down a $5 million offer from the Twins this winter. Which suggests to me that he’s either (a) delusional; or (b) not all that interested in pitching anymore. He’s said as much.
Between Lee’s injury, bangs and bruises to Doug Fister and Garrett Olson and the uncertainty of Erik Bedard’s timetable, the M’s could probably use Washburn. So c’mon, kids: quite all the flirting and hook up already.
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)