Mar 25, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that Cliff Lee probably won’t be back until Week 3 of the season and that, because of that, the Mariners are “seriously considering” bringing Jarrod Washburn back.
Washburn, it has been reported, turned down a $5 million offer from the Twins this winter. Which suggests to me that he’s either (a) delusional; or (b) not all that interested in pitching anymore. He’s said as much.
Between Lee’s injury, bangs and bruises to Doug Fister and Garrett Olson and the uncertainty of Erik Bedard’s timetable, the M’s could probably use Washburn. So c’mon, kids: quite all the flirting and hook up already.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 17
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 59
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)