Mar 25, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that Cliff Lee probably won’t be back until Week 3 of the season and that, because of that, the Mariners are “seriously considering” bringing Jarrod Washburn back.
Washburn, it has been reported, turned down a $5 million offer from the Twins this winter. Which suggests to me that he’s either (a) delusional; or (b) not all that interested in pitching anymore. He’s said as much.
Between Lee’s injury, bangs and bruises to Doug Fister and Garrett Olson and the uncertainty of Erik Bedard’s timetable, the M’s could probably use Washburn. So c’mon, kids: quite all the flirting and hook up already.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8