Mar 25, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that Cliff Lee probably won’t be back until Week 3 of the season and that, because of that, the Mariners are “seriously considering” bringing Jarrod Washburn back.
Washburn, it has been reported, turned down a $5 million offer from the Twins this winter. Which suggests to me that he’s either (a) delusional; or (b) not all that interested in pitching anymore. He’s said as much.
Between Lee’s injury, bangs and bruises to Doug Fister and Garrett Olson and the uncertainty of Erik Bedard’s timetable, the M’s could probably use Washburn. So c’mon, kids: quite all the flirting and hook up already.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 26
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 79
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)