Mar 25, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that Cliff Lee probably won’t be back until Week 3 of the season and that, because of that, the Mariners are “seriously considering” bringing Jarrod Washburn back.
Washburn, it has been reported, turned down a $5 million offer from the Twins this winter. Which suggests to me that he’s either (a) delusional; or (b) not all that interested in pitching anymore. He’s said as much.
Between Lee’s injury, bangs and bruises to Doug Fister and Garrett Olson and the uncertainty of Erik Bedard’s timetable, the M’s could probably use Washburn. So c’mon, kids: quite all the flirting and hook up already.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)