Mar 25, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Multiple tweets to that effect. He had been placed on waivers the other day and apparently no one has claimed him. By doing this today, the Yankees only have to pay him 45 days of termination pay — a hair over $700K — as opposed to the full $2.95 million his contract calls for.
Gaudin is not as good as his 11-game stint for the Yankees last year suggested — for his career his is basically a hair below average — but he’s still useful. You have to figure someone will take a flyer on him. The Mets, maybe?
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)