Mar 25, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Multiple tweets to that effect. He had been placed on waivers the other day and apparently no one has claimed him. By doing this today, the Yankees only have to pay him 45 days of termination pay — a hair over $700K — as opposed to the full $2.95 million his contract calls for.
Gaudin is not as good as his 11-game stint for the Yankees last year suggested — for his career his is basically a hair below average — but he’s still useful. You have to figure someone will take a flyer on him. The Mets, maybe?
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 62
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 93
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 17
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (103)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)