Mar 25, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Multiple tweets to that effect. He had been placed on waivers the other day and apparently no one has claimed him. By doing this today, the Yankees only have to pay him 45 days of termination pay — a hair over $700K — as opposed to the full $2.95 million his contract calls for.
Gaudin is not as good as his 11-game stint for the Yankees last year suggested — for his career his is basically a hair below average — but he’s still useful. You have to figure someone will take a flyer on him. The Mets, maybe?
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (72)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)