Mar 25, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Multiple tweets to that effect. He had been placed on waivers the other day and apparently no one has claimed him. By doing this today, the Yankees only have to pay him 45 days of termination pay — a hair over $700K — as opposed to the full $2.95 million his contract calls for.
Gaudin is not as good as his 11-game stint for the Yankees last year suggested — for his career his is basically a hair below average — but he’s still useful. You have to figure someone will take a flyer on him. The Mets, maybe?
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)