Mar 25, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Multiple tweets to that effect. He had been placed on waivers the other day and apparently no one has claimed him. By doing this today, the Yankees only have to pay him 45 days of termination pay — a hair over $700K — as opposed to the full $2.95 million his contract calls for.
Gaudin is not as good as his 11-game stint for the Yankees last year suggested — for his career his is basically a hair below average — but he’s still useful. You have to figure someone will take a flyer on him. The Mets, maybe?
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 3
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)