Mar 26, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler suffered a high ankle sprain on March 11th, and hasn’t played since. While the team says that it’s been improving since then, they gave him a cortisone shot today. The Rangers are uncertain if he’ll be available for Opening Day.
Evan Grant at the Dallas Morning News is on it: he notes that a return by Opening Day would mean 25 days off for Kinsler, and reports that previous baseball players who’ve had the injury have ranged from having 23 days off to a couple of months in some instances.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17