Mar 26, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler suffered a high ankle sprain on March 11th, and hasn’t played since. While the team says that it’s been improving since then, they gave him a cortisone shot today. The Rangers are uncertain if he’ll be available for Opening Day.
Evan Grant at the Dallas Morning News is on it: he notes that a return by Opening Day would mean 25 days off for Kinsler, and reports that previous baseball players who’ve had the injury have ranged from having 23 days off to a couple of months in some instances.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)