Mar 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Great news for Braves fans and even better news for Jason Heyward: Bobby Cox told Heyward this morning that he has made the team. He’ll presumably be the everyday right fielder. Matt Diaz, Melky Cabrera and Nate McLouth can figure out center and left among themselves.
Heyward was already the number one prospect in baseball entering the spring, but he’s been an absolute revelation this past month, hitting .366/.500/.537, damaging multiple vehicles and possibly building up expectations so high above his actual ability that everyone’s noses are gonna bleed for a week to ten days.
But that’s fine. The Braves are a better team with Heyward in right and a we’re all better off getting a chance to see a special talent from Opening Day forward.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)