Mar 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Great news for Braves fans and even better news for Jason Heyward: Bobby Cox told Heyward this morning that he has made the team. He’ll presumably be the everyday right fielder. Matt Diaz, Melky Cabrera and Nate McLouth can figure out center and left among themselves.
Heyward was already the number one prospect in baseball entering the spring, but he’s been an absolute revelation this past month, hitting .366/.500/.537, damaging multiple vehicles and possibly building up expectations so high above his actual ability that everyone’s noses are gonna bleed for a week to ten days.
But that’s fine. The Braves are a better team with Heyward in right and a we’re all better off getting a chance to see a special talent from Opening Day forward.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12