Mar 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
Great news for Braves fans and even better news for Jason Heyward: Bobby Cox told Heyward this morning that he has made the team. He’ll presumably be the everyday right fielder. Matt Diaz, Melky Cabrera and Nate McLouth can figure out center and left among themselves.
Heyward was already the number one prospect in baseball entering the spring, but he’s been an absolute revelation this past month, hitting .366/.500/.537, damaging multiple vehicles and possibly building up expectations so high above his actual ability that everyone’s noses are gonna bleed for a week to ten days.
But that’s fine. The Braves are a better team with Heyward in right and a we’re all better off getting a chance to see a special talent from Opening Day forward.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)