Mar 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Great news for Braves fans and even better news for Jason Heyward: Bobby Cox told Heyward this morning that he has made the team. He’ll presumably be the everyday right fielder. Matt Diaz, Melky Cabrera and Nate McLouth can figure out center and left among themselves.
Heyward was already the number one prospect in baseball entering the spring, but he’s been an absolute revelation this past month, hitting .366/.500/.537, damaging multiple vehicles and possibly building up expectations so high above his actual ability that everyone’s noses are gonna bleed for a week to ten days.
But that’s fine. The Braves are a better team with Heyward in right and a we’re all better off getting a chance to see a special talent from Opening Day forward.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59