Mar 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Great news for Braves fans and even better news for Jason Heyward: Bobby Cox told Heyward this morning that he has made the team. He’ll presumably be the everyday right fielder. Matt Diaz, Melky Cabrera and Nate McLouth can figure out center and left among themselves.
Heyward was already the number one prospect in baseball entering the spring, but he’s been an absolute revelation this past month, hitting .366/.500/.537, damaging multiple vehicles and possibly building up expectations so high above his actual ability that everyone’s noses are gonna bleed for a week to ten days.
But that’s fine. The Braves are a better team with Heyward in right and a we’re all better off getting a chance to see a special talent from Opening Day forward.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 0
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 14
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)