Mar 26, 2010, 8:29 AM EST
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that “the possibility of
extension for Pujols before ’10 season has evaporated,” with talks being tabled until after this season.
This is not really Earth-shattering news. Talks hadn’t really even gotten going yet, and everyone was well-aware that Pujols had no desire to negotiate during the season. And of course, he’s locked up for 2010 and the Cardinals hold a cheap-as-chips $16 million option on Pujols for 2011. There’s basically no reason to think that the Cardinals and Pujols won’t get it together eventually.
But it’s Friday, so let’s have some fun:
That pic never gets old. I need to brush up on some Photoshop so I can make one of him on every team. How awesome would it be to see him wearing a Royals jersey? Or the Mets?
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)