Mar 26, 2010, 8:29 AM EDT
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that “the possibility of
extension for Pujols before ’10 season has evaporated,” with talks being tabled until after this season.
This is not really Earth-shattering news. Talks hadn’t really even gotten going yet, and everyone was well-aware that Pujols had no desire to negotiate during the season. And of course, he’s locked up for 2010 and the Cardinals hold a cheap-as-chips $16 million option on Pujols for 2011. There’s basically no reason to think that the Cardinals and Pujols won’t get it together eventually.
But it’s Friday, so let’s have some fun:
That pic never gets old. I need to brush up on some Photoshop so I can make one of him on every team. How awesome would it be to see him wearing a Royals jersey? Or the Mets?
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 0
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 55
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (242)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)