Mar 26, 2010, 8:29 AM EDT
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that “the possibility of
extension for Pujols before ’10 season has evaporated,” with talks being tabled until after this season.
This is not really Earth-shattering news. Talks hadn’t really even gotten going yet, and everyone was well-aware that Pujols had no desire to negotiate during the season. And of course, he’s locked up for 2010 and the Cardinals hold a cheap-as-chips $16 million option on Pujols for 2011. There’s basically no reason to think that the Cardinals and Pujols won’t get it together eventually.
But it’s Friday, so let’s have some fun:
That pic never gets old. I need to brush up on some Photoshop so I can make one of him on every team. How awesome would it be to see him wearing a Royals jersey? Or the Mets?
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)