Mar 26, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Schoeneweis was released by the Brewers earlier this week and wasn’t too happy about it, saying “I wasted a month of my time” and “It’s just ironic that I can’t get a job because my wife died.”
Similar to the deal the Red Sox gave Alan Embree last week, the contract for Schoeneweis includes an April 15 opt-out clause, according to Rob Bradford of WEEI.com. Both will compete to be the second left-hander behind Hideki Okajima.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12