Mar 26, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Schoeneweis was released by the Brewers earlier this week and wasn’t too happy about it, saying “I wasted a month of my time” and “It’s just ironic that I can’t get a job because my wife died.”
Similar to the deal the Red Sox gave Alan Embree last week, the contract for Schoeneweis includes an April 15 opt-out clause, according to Rob Bradford of WEEI.com. Both will compete to be the second left-hander behind Hideki Okajima.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)