Mar 26, 2010, 12:32 AM EDT
According to a report on CSNBayArea.com, the Giants have inked right-handed closer Brian Wilson to a contract extension.
The report gives few details, but former MLB.com beat writer Mychael Urban heads the network’s online baseball coverage and he’s among the best in the business. It’s probably safe to call this one legit.
Wilson, 28, had a 2.74 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 38 saves and an 83/27 K/BB ratio last season
while earning the league minimum for the Giants. He avoided arbitration this offseason by inking a one-year, $4,437,500 contact and is likely to see another nice raise through this newly agreed to pact. Wilson is healthy and ready to go for the start of the 2010 regular season and is among the highest rated closers in this year’s edition of the Rotoworld Draft Guide.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 0
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 19
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 35
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 47
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)