Mar 26, 2010, 12:32 AM EDT
According to a report on CSNBayArea.com, the Giants have inked right-handed closer Brian Wilson to a contract extension.
The report gives few details, but former MLB.com beat writer Mychael Urban heads the network’s online baseball coverage and he’s among the best in the business. It’s probably safe to call this one legit.
Wilson, 28, had a 2.74 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 38 saves and an 83/27 K/BB ratio last season
while earning the league minimum for the Giants. He avoided arbitration this offseason by inking a one-year, $4,437,500 contact and is likely to see another nice raise through this newly agreed to pact. Wilson is healthy and ready to go for the start of the 2010 regular season and is among the highest rated closers in this year’s edition of the Rotoworld Draft Guide.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)