Mar 26, 2010, 12:32 AM EST
According to a report on CSNBayArea.com, the Giants have inked right-handed closer Brian Wilson to a contract extension.
The report gives few details, but former MLB.com beat writer Mychael Urban heads the network’s online baseball coverage and he’s among the best in the business. It’s probably safe to call this one legit.
Wilson, 28, had a 2.74 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 38 saves and an 83/27 K/BB ratio last season
while earning the league minimum for the Giants. He avoided arbitration this offseason by inking a one-year, $4,437,500 contact and is likely to see another nice raise through this newly agreed to pact. Wilson is healthy and ready to go for the start of the 2010 regular season and is among the highest rated closers in this year’s edition of the Rotoworld Draft Guide.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 0
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)