Mar 26, 2010, 12:32 AM EDT
According to a report on CSNBayArea.com, the Giants have inked right-handed closer Brian Wilson to a contract extension.
The report gives few details, but former MLB.com beat writer Mychael Urban heads the network’s online baseball coverage and he’s among the best in the business. It’s probably safe to call this one legit.
Wilson, 28, had a 2.74 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 38 saves and an 83/27 K/BB ratio last season
while earning the league minimum for the Giants. He avoided arbitration this offseason by inking a one-year, $4,437,500 contact and is likely to see another nice raise through this newly agreed to pact. Wilson is healthy and ready to go for the start of the 2010 regular season and is among the highest rated closers in this year’s edition of the Rotoworld Draft Guide.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)