Mar 26, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt left today’s start against the Pirates with a strained hamstring and MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports that he’s flying to Houston to be examined by team doctors.
Oswalt told McTaggart that the injury is “nothing major” and something he “could have gotten through” had it been the regular season, but general manager Ed Wade is playing it safe anyway:
Sunday’s rainout after he left the mound after the rain delay he went in the cage and felt a tug in his glut, and since it’s the same leg and had two things now occur, we’re going to get him to Houston and let Dr. Lintner look at him.
If nothing else, Lance Berkman’s “I really think we can win this division” quote from this morning looks even crazier now.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)