Mar 26, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt left today’s start against the Pirates with a strained hamstring and MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports that he’s flying to Houston to be examined by team doctors.
Oswalt told McTaggart that the injury is “nothing major” and something he “could have gotten through” had it been the regular season, but general manager Ed Wade is playing it safe anyway:
Sunday’s rainout after he left the mound after the rain delay he went in the cage and felt a tug in his glut, and since it’s the same leg and had two things now occur, we’re going to get him to Houston and let Dr. Lintner look at him.
If nothing else, Lance Berkman’s “I really think we can win this division” quote from this morning looks even crazier now.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)