Mar 26, 2010, 4:42 PM EST
Roy Oswalt left today’s start against the Pirates with a strained hamstring and MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports that he’s flying to Houston to be examined by team doctors.
Oswalt told McTaggart that the injury is “nothing major” and something he “could have gotten through” had it been the regular season, but general manager Ed Wade is playing it safe anyway:
Sunday’s rainout after he left the mound after the rain delay he went in the cage and felt a tug in his glut, and since it’s the same leg and had two things now occur, we’re going to get him to Houston and let Dr. Lintner look at him.
If nothing else, Lance Berkman’s “I really think we can win this division” quote from this morning looks even crazier now.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 43
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 84
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)