Mar 26, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt left today’s start against the Pirates with a strained hamstring and MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports that he’s flying to Houston to be examined by team doctors.
Oswalt told McTaggart that the injury is “nothing major” and something he “could have gotten through” had it been the regular season, but general manager Ed Wade is playing it safe anyway:
Sunday’s rainout after he left the mound after the rain delay he went in the cage and felt a tug in his glut, and since it’s the same leg and had two things now occur, we’re going to get him to Houston and let Dr. Lintner look at him.
If nothing else, Lance Berkman’s “I really think we can win this division” quote from this morning looks even crazier now.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)