Mar 27, 2010, 8:42 AM EST
Tim Lincecum left Friday’s start against the Angels after four innings and 84 pitches because of a cut on the middle finger on his right hand, reports Chris Haft of MLB.com.
Giants manager Bruce Bochy admitted that there “a little concern” that Lincecum will not be able to make his next scheduled start, however he’s done with the Cactus League schedule.
Lincecum was already slated to pitch in a minor league game next Wednesday, a strategic decision by the team, as they do not want the Dodgers — the big league team’s scheduled opponent for that day — to get another look at him before the season begins.
Lincecum didn’t even mention the cut to reporters after the game, but told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that his body was at about “85 percent” ready for the new season. The reigning National League Cy Young Award winner has a 6.94 ERA and a 16/10 K/BB ratio in 11 2/3 innings this spring. He’s expected to pitch on Opening Day against the Astros in Houston.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)