Mar 28, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Athletics have reached agreement on a contract with free agent right-hander Chad Gaudin.
The Yankees released Gaudin last week after he failed to win an uphill battle against Phil Gughes and Joba Chamberlain for the club’s final rotation spot. The 26-year-old Gaudin went 6-10 with a 4.64 ERA, 1.51 WHIP and a 139/76 K/BB ratio last season in 31 appearances (25 starts) for the Yankees and was pursued by multiple teams after they dumped him last week. Oakland can use him in a variety of ways, whether as a long reliever in the bullpen or as the team’s fifth starter.
Gaudin owns a 4.50 ERA in 216 major league appearances (75 starts) over his seven-year career.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86