Mar 28, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Athletics have reached agreement on a contract with free agent right-hander Chad Gaudin.
The Yankees released Gaudin last week after he failed to win an uphill battle against Phil Gughes and Joba Chamberlain for the club’s final rotation spot. The 26-year-old Gaudin went 6-10 with a 4.64 ERA, 1.51 WHIP and a 139/76 K/BB ratio last season in 31 appearances (25 starts) for the Yankees and was pursued by multiple teams after they dumped him last week. Oakland can use him in a variety of ways, whether as a long reliever in the bullpen or as the team’s fifth starter.
Gaudin owns a 4.50 ERA in 216 major league appearances (75 starts) over his seven-year career.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)