Mar 28, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Athletics have reached agreement on a contract with free agent right-hander Chad Gaudin.
The Yankees released Gaudin last week after he failed to win an uphill battle against Phil Gughes and Joba Chamberlain for the club’s final rotation spot. The 26-year-old Gaudin went 6-10 with a 4.64 ERA, 1.51 WHIP and a 139/76 K/BB ratio last season in 31 appearances (25 starts) for the Yankees and was pursued by multiple teams after they dumped him last week. Oakland can use him in a variety of ways, whether as a long reliever in the bullpen or as the team’s fifth starter.
Gaudin owns a 4.50 ERA in 216 major league appearances (75 starts) over his seven-year career.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)