Mar 28, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Athletics have reached agreement on a contract with free agent right-hander Chad Gaudin.
The Yankees released Gaudin last week after he failed to win an uphill battle against Phil Gughes and Joba Chamberlain for the club’s final rotation spot. The 26-year-old Gaudin went 6-10 with a 4.64 ERA, 1.51 WHIP and a 139/76 K/BB ratio last season in 31 appearances (25 starts) for the Yankees and was pursued by multiple teams after they dumped him last week. Oakland can use him in a variety of ways, whether as a long reliever in the bullpen or as the team’s fifth starter.
Gaudin owns a 4.50 ERA in 216 major league appearances (75 starts) over his seven-year career.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 75
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)