Mar 28, 2010, 12:51 PM EDT
Braves phenom Jason Heyward was scratched from Sunday’s exhibition game against the Nationals due to shin splints in his left leg, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Dave O’Brien (via Twitter).
Shin splints aren’t serious and won’t hold him out of regular season action, but anyone who’s dealt with the ailment knows how annoying it can be. That said, a little pain medication and a few days of rest should take care of the issue.
Heyward, who’s 17-for-49 this spring with a home run, five RBI and nine walks, was awarded the Braves’ starting right field gig on Friday and is shooting up the ranks in Rotoworld’s Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)