Mar 28, 2010, 12:51 PM EDT
Braves phenom Jason Heyward was scratched from Sunday’s exhibition game against the Nationals due to shin splints in his left leg, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Dave O’Brien (via Twitter).
Shin splints aren’t serious and won’t hold him out of regular season action, but anyone who’s dealt with the ailment knows how annoying it can be. That said, a little pain medication and a few days of rest should take care of the issue.
Heyward, who’s 17-for-49 this spring with a home run, five RBI and nine walks, was awarded the Braves’ starting right field gig on Friday and is shooting up the ranks in Rotoworld’s Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 5
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)