Mar 29, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt is set for his eighth straight Opening Day start next week after getting an injection Monday in his lower back.
Oswalt left his last start Friday because of tightness in his left hamstring. He complained earlier in the week of tightness higher in the area around his left gluteus. The training staff determined that the root of the discomfort was the bulging disc in his back that’s been a problem since 2007. That’s not going away, but taking care of the nerve problem that had resulted was a quick fix.
Oswalt is currently slated to makes his final exhibition start on Wednesday. His Opening Day start will be his team-record eighth for Houston.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 23
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 82
- The Lester trade is a win-win 110
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (110)