Mar 29, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt is set for his eighth straight Opening Day start next week after getting an injection Monday in his lower back.
Oswalt left his last start Friday because of tightness in his left hamstring. He complained earlier in the week of tightness higher in the area around his left gluteus. The training staff determined that the root of the discomfort was the bulging disc in his back that’s been a problem since 2007. That’s not going away, but taking care of the nerve problem that had resulted was a quick fix.
Oswalt is currently slated to makes his final exhibition start on Wednesday. His Opening Day start will be his team-record eighth for Houston.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)