Mar 31, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports that Brad Lidge has and inflamed elbow, which required a
cortisone injection yesterday. Lidge has been slow getting going this spring due to recovery from elbow surgery, but he had been expected to make Opening Day. Now that’s off the table and it will be the second week of the season before he’ll see action. At the earliest.
Given his performance last year it’s hard to say if having Lidge out longer than expected is a good thing or a bad thing for the Phillies . . .
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29