Mar 31, 2010, 12:10 PM EST
MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports that Brad Lidge has and inflamed elbow, which required a
cortisone injection yesterday. Lidge has been slow getting going this spring due to recovery from elbow surgery, but he had been expected to make Opening Day. Now that’s off the table and it will be the second week of the season before he’ll see action. At the earliest.
Given his performance last year it’s hard to say if having Lidge out longer than expected is a good thing or a bad thing for the Phillies . . .
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 37
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 14
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)