Mar 31, 2010, 12:10 PM EST
MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports that Brad Lidge has and inflamed elbow, which required a
cortisone injection yesterday. Lidge has been slow getting going this spring due to recovery from elbow surgery, but he had been expected to make Opening Day. Now that’s off the table and it will be the second week of the season before he’ll see action. At the earliest.
Given his performance last year it’s hard to say if having Lidge out longer than expected is a good thing or a bad thing for the Phillies . . .
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)