Mar 31, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
We had been expecting this following his damn nigh brilliant outing against the Yankees last Friday night, but Charlie Manuel made it official last night: Jamie Moyer has beat out Kyle Kendrick for the Phillies’ pfifth starter job.
I’ll admit that I was partial to Moyer winning the job all along simply because ancient lefties who throw 47 miles per hour yet still manage to get guys out are one of the wonderful things in the universe, but I am happy that he won the job on the field rather than simply having the job handed to him due to his contract and historic disdain for pitching out of the pen.
And I hope the rotation order holds too, because I think watching teams face Jamie Moyer on a Saturday and then have to gear up for Roy Halladay the next afternoon should be all kinds of fun.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)