Mar 31, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
We had been expecting this following his damn nigh brilliant outing against the Yankees last Friday night, but Charlie Manuel made it official last night: Jamie Moyer has beat out Kyle Kendrick for the Phillies’ pfifth starter job.
I’ll admit that I was partial to Moyer winning the job all along simply because ancient lefties who throw 47 miles per hour yet still manage to get guys out are one of the wonderful things in the universe, but I am happy that he won the job on the field rather than simply having the job handed to him due to his contract and historic disdain for pitching out of the pen.
And I hope the rotation order holds too, because I think watching teams face Jamie Moyer on a Saturday and then have to gear up for Roy Halladay the next afternoon should be all kinds of fun.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)