Mar 31, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
UPDATE: Denard Span tweets that his mom is doing OK.
Spring training is winding down poorly for a couple of players. In the space of about 15 minutes:
- The Phillies’ Roy Halladay gave up 4 runs, 5 hits, 3 doubles, and 1 homer to the Blue Jays, who may suddenly feel a bit better about letting Doc go in that trade; and
- The Twins’ Denard Span smacked a foul ball into the stands that hit his own mother, who was sitting just above the dugout. Mom seems to be OK — she wanted to stay at the game but left to go to the hospital for tests — but you have to figure Span is going to be grounded for a while.
And with that news, I think spring training has gone on quite long enough, thank you.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)