Mar 31, 2010, 9:24 PM EDT
The Denver Post’s Troy Renck reports that Rockies closer Huston Street has halted his throwing program due to tightness in his right shoulder and won’t resume his ongoing recovery from shoulder inflammation until the issue subsides.
It’s not a significant setback, but the Rox don’t have a workable timetable for his return to a major league mound and it’s not out of the question that he might be out until the end of May. Franklin Morales is expected to fill in at closer until Street returns and is gaining major ground in Rotoworld’s Draft Guide.
Street signed a three-year, $22.5 million extension this winter with an option for 2013. He amassed a 3.06 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 35 saves in 37 chances last season.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)