Mar 31, 2010, 9:24 PM EST
The Denver Post’s Troy Renck reports that Rockies closer Huston Street has halted his throwing program due to tightness in his right shoulder and won’t resume his ongoing recovery from shoulder inflammation until the issue subsides.
It’s not a significant setback, but the Rox don’t have a workable timetable for his return to a major league mound and it’s not out of the question that he might be out until the end of May. Franklin Morales is expected to fill in at closer until Street returns and is gaining major ground in Rotoworld’s Draft Guide.
Street signed a three-year, $22.5 million extension this winter with an option for 2013. He amassed a 3.06 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 35 saves in 37 chances last season.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 18
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)