Mar 31, 2010, 9:24 PM EDT
The Denver Post’s Troy Renck reports that Rockies closer Huston Street has halted his throwing program due to tightness in his right shoulder and won’t resume his ongoing recovery from shoulder inflammation until the issue subsides.
It’s not a significant setback, but the Rox don’t have a workable timetable for his return to a major league mound and it’s not out of the question that he might be out until the end of May. Franklin Morales is expected to fill in at closer until Street returns and is gaining major ground in Rotoworld’s Draft Guide.
Street signed a three-year, $22.5 million extension this winter with an option for 2013. He amassed a 3.06 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 35 saves in 37 chances last season.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)