Mar 31, 2010, 9:24 PM EDT
The Denver Post’s Troy Renck reports that Rockies closer Huston Street has halted his throwing program due to tightness in his right shoulder and won’t resume his ongoing recovery from shoulder inflammation until the issue subsides.
It’s not a significant setback, but the Rox don’t have a workable timetable for his return to a major league mound and it’s not out of the question that he might be out until the end of May. Franklin Morales is expected to fill in at closer until Street returns and is gaining major ground in Rotoworld’s Draft Guide.
Street signed a three-year, $22.5 million extension this winter with an option for 2013. He amassed a 3.06 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 35 saves in 37 chances last season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)