Mar 31, 2010, 9:24 PM EDT
The Denver Post’s Troy Renck reports that Rockies closer Huston Street has halted his throwing program due to tightness in his right shoulder and won’t resume his ongoing recovery from shoulder inflammation until the issue subsides.
It’s not a significant setback, but the Rox don’t have a workable timetable for his return to a major league mound and it’s not out of the question that he might be out until the end of May. Franklin Morales is expected to fill in at closer until Street returns and is gaining major ground in Rotoworld’s Draft Guide.
Street signed a three-year, $22.5 million extension this winter with an option for 2013. He amassed a 3.06 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 35 saves in 37 chances last season.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)