Apr 1, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Barry Bonds, Jeff Kent, and the rest of the Giants’ division-winning 2000 squad will be reunited April 11 in San Francisco as the team holds a 10th-anniversary celebration for AT&T Park (which was then called Pacific Bell Park).
Bonds and Kent famously didn’t get along (to say the least) during their hugely successful run with the Giants, which included Kent being named league MVP in 2000 and Bonds winning the next four MVP awards.
As if that alone didn’t provide enough drama, John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle notes that fellow anticipated attendees Marvin Benard, Bobby Estalella, and Armando Rios were “all part of the BALCO scandal with Bonds.”
Other players expected to attend include Rich Aurilia, Bill Mueller, Robb Nen, J.T. Snow, Kirk Rueter, Ellis Burks, Felipe Crespo, Shawn Estes, Aaron Fultz, Mark Gardner, and Ramon Martinez. That team won an NL-high 97 games before losing the Mets in the first round of the playoffs.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)