Apr 1, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Barry Bonds, Jeff Kent, and the rest of the Giants’ division-winning 2000 squad will be reunited April 11 in San Francisco as the team holds a 10th-anniversary celebration for AT&T Park (which was then called Pacific Bell Park).
Bonds and Kent famously didn’t get along (to say the least) during their hugely successful run with the Giants, which included Kent being named league MVP in 2000 and Bonds winning the next four MVP awards.
As if that alone didn’t provide enough drama, John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle notes that fellow anticipated attendees Marvin Benard, Bobby Estalella, and Armando Rios were “all part of the BALCO scandal with Bonds.”
Other players expected to attend include Rich Aurilia, Bill Mueller, Robb Nen, J.T. Snow, Kirk Rueter, Ellis Burks, Felipe Crespo, Shawn Estes, Aaron Fultz, Mark Gardner, and Ramon Martinez. That team won an NL-high 97 games before losing the Mets in the first round of the playoffs.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)