Apr 1, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Barry Bonds, Jeff Kent, and the rest of the Giants’ division-winning 2000 squad will be reunited April 11 in San Francisco as the team holds a 10th-anniversary celebration for AT&T Park (which was then called Pacific Bell Park).
Bonds and Kent famously didn’t get along (to say the least) during their hugely successful run with the Giants, which included Kent being named league MVP in 2000 and Bonds winning the next four MVP awards.
As if that alone didn’t provide enough drama, John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle notes that fellow anticipated attendees Marvin Benard, Bobby Estalella, and Armando Rios were “all part of the BALCO scandal with Bonds.”
Other players expected to attend include Rich Aurilia, Bill Mueller, Robb Nen, J.T. Snow, Kirk Rueter, Ellis Burks, Felipe Crespo, Shawn Estes, Aaron Fultz, Mark Gardner, and Ramon Martinez. That team won an NL-high 97 games before losing the Mets in the first round of the playoffs.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)