Apr 1, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
Barry Bonds, Jeff Kent, and the rest of the Giants’ division-winning 2000 squad will be reunited April 11 in San Francisco as the team holds a 10th-anniversary celebration for AT&T Park (which was then called Pacific Bell Park).
Bonds and Kent famously didn’t get along (to say the least) during their hugely successful run with the Giants, which included Kent being named league MVP in 2000 and Bonds winning the next four MVP awards.
As if that alone didn’t provide enough drama, John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle notes that fellow anticipated attendees Marvin Benard, Bobby Estalella, and Armando Rios were “all part of the BALCO scandal with Bonds.”
Other players expected to attend include Rich Aurilia, Bill Mueller, Robb Nen, J.T. Snow, Kirk Rueter, Ellis Burks, Felipe Crespo, Shawn Estes, Aaron Fultz, Mark Gardner, and Ramon Martinez. That team won an NL-high 97 games before losing the Mets in the first round of the playoffs.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 56
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)