Apr 1, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
Joe Strauss of the Post-Dispatch reports that the St. Louis Cardinals have traded Julio Lugo to the Orioles. No word on what they’re getting back, but the roster spot is plenty valuable given that the Cards would like to keep outfielders Allen Craig, Nick Stavinoha and Joe Mather on the team and, before the trade, only had two slots to use for them.
More to the point for the Cardinals, the signing of Felipe Lopez — for one MEEEELION dollars — made Lugo redundant. From Baltimore’s perspective, Lugo provides Brian Roberts insurance, as he’s been dealing with back spasms.
Pretty sensible move for everyone involved. I love efficiency.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)