Apr 1, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
The good news is that Cliff Lee completed a 55-pitch throwing session yesterday without any of the pain in his abdomen that he had last week. The bad news is that neither Lee or the Mariners yet know when he can return and actually pitch in a game.
In a chat yesterday the Seattle Times’ Geoff Baker said that Lee wouldn’t be back “until May.” Given the good report from the throwing session, one would figure that to be the outside of things.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 0
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)