Apr 1, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
The good news is that Cliff Lee completed a 55-pitch throwing session yesterday without any of the pain in his abdomen that he had last week. The bad news is that neither Lee or the Mariners yet know when he can return and actually pitch in a game.
In a chat yesterday the Seattle Times’ Geoff Baker said that Lee wouldn’t be back “until May.” Given the good report from the throwing session, one would figure that to be the outside of things.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)