Apr 1, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
The good news is that Cliff Lee completed a 55-pitch throwing session yesterday without any of the pain in his abdomen that he had last week. The bad news is that neither Lee or the Mariners yet know when he can return and actually pitch in a game.
In a chat yesterday the Seattle Times’ Geoff Baker said that Lee wouldn’t be back “until May.” Given the good report from the throwing session, one would figure that to be the outside of things.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)