Apr 1, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
Ronnie Belliard may have lost the weight and Jamey Carroll may have come to town as, um, the Dodgers’ highest-profile free agent signing, but, as Aaron suspected yesterday, Joe Torre has named Blake DeWitt the team’s starting second baseman.
DeWitt earned the job in spring training, hitting .367/.456/.592. And obviously the Dodgers would have preferred that he won it anyway given that he’s a mere 24 this year and could conceivably hold the position for a while.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105