Apr 1, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
Ronnie Belliard may have lost the weight and Jamey Carroll may have come to town as, um, the Dodgers’ highest-profile free agent signing, but, as Aaron suspected yesterday, Joe Torre has named Blake DeWitt the team’s starting second baseman.
DeWitt earned the job in spring training, hitting .367/.456/.592. And obviously the Dodgers would have preferred that he won it anyway given that he’s a mere 24 this year and could conceivably hold the position for a while.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 50
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 73
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)