Apr 1, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
Ronnie Belliard may have lost the weight and Jamey Carroll may have come to town as, um, the Dodgers’ highest-profile free agent signing, but, as Aaron suspected yesterday, Joe Torre has named Blake DeWitt the team’s starting second baseman.
DeWitt earned the job in spring training, hitting .367/.456/.592. And obviously the Dodgers would have preferred that he won it anyway given that he’s a mere 24 this year and could conceivably hold the position for a while.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)