Apr 1, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
Ronnie Belliard may have lost the weight and Jamey Carroll may have come to town as, um, the Dodgers’ highest-profile free agent signing, but, as Aaron suspected yesterday, Joe Torre has named Blake DeWitt the team’s starting second baseman.
DeWitt earned the job in spring training, hitting .367/.456/.592. And obviously the Dodgers would have preferred that he won it anyway given that he’s a mere 24 this year and could conceivably hold the position for a while.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)