Apr 1, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The latest from Jon Heyman on Jarrod Washburn:
The Royals are believed to be offering significantly more money. But
it’s thought that Washburn would prefer a return to Seattle, where he
thrived last year. That’s if the dollars can be worked out.
Like I said yesterday, when it comes to Heyman reporting on a Boras client vs. the Royals spending too much on a guy who can’t help them, we’re deep into irresistible force/immovable object territory. I’ll opine, however, that if the Royals were truly offering Washburn significant money, it would represent the first time anyone has offered him significant money all year, at a time when teams have very little incentive to offer significant money to anyone.
Up next: “Mystery team!”
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11