Apr 1, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
The latest from Jon Heyman on Jarrod Washburn:
The Royals are believed to be offering significantly more money. But
it’s thought that Washburn would prefer a return to Seattle, where he
thrived last year. That’s if the dollars can be worked out.
Like I said yesterday, when it comes to Heyman reporting on a Boras client vs. the Royals spending too much on a guy who can’t help them, we’re deep into irresistible force/immovable object territory. I’ll opine, however, that if the Royals were truly offering Washburn significant money, it would represent the first time anyone has offered him significant money all year, at a time when teams have very little incentive to offer significant money to anyone.
Up next: “Mystery team!”
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)