Apr 1, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The latest from Jon Heyman on Jarrod Washburn:
The Royals are believed to be offering significantly more money. But
it’s thought that Washburn would prefer a return to Seattle, where he
thrived last year. That’s if the dollars can be worked out.
Like I said yesterday, when it comes to Heyman reporting on a Boras client vs. the Royals spending too much on a guy who can’t help them, we’re deep into irresistible force/immovable object territory. I’ll opine, however, that if the Royals were truly offering Washburn significant money, it would represent the first time anyone has offered him significant money all year, at a time when teams have very little incentive to offer significant money to anyone.
Up next: “Mystery team!”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)