Apr 1, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
Rob Bradford of WEEI tweets that Red Sox reliever Junichi Tazawa is going to have Tommy John surgery on Tuesday, thus ending his season.
Tazawa had a a 2-3 record and a 7.46 ERA last year but, as D.J. noted the other day, he was 9-5 with a 2.55 ERA in 20 starts between AA and AAA last season and looked poised to become an important part of the Red Sox’ nutritious breakfast. If that’s to happen now, however, it will happen in 2011 at the absolute earliest.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)