Apr 1, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
Rob Bradford of WEEI tweets that Red Sox reliever Junichi Tazawa is going to have Tommy John surgery on Tuesday, thus ending his season.
Tazawa had a a 2-3 record and a 7.46 ERA last year but, as D.J. noted the other day, he was 9-5 with a 2.55 ERA in 20 starts between AA and AAA last season and looked poised to become an important part of the Red Sox’ nutritious breakfast. If that’s to happen now, however, it will happen in 2011 at the absolute earliest.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)