Apr 1, 2010, 11:03 AM EST
Rob Bradford of WEEI tweets that Red Sox reliever Junichi Tazawa is going to have Tommy John surgery on Tuesday, thus ending his season.
Tazawa had a a 2-3 record and a 7.46 ERA last year but, as D.J. noted the other day, he was 9-5 with a 2.55 ERA in 20 starts between AA and AAA last season and looked poised to become an important part of the Red Sox’ nutritious breakfast. If that’s to happen now, however, it will happen in 2011 at the absolute earliest.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (219)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)