Apr 1, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
Rob Bradford of WEEI tweets that Red Sox reliever Junichi Tazawa is going to have Tommy John surgery on Tuesday, thus ending his season.
Tazawa had a a 2-3 record and a 7.46 ERA last year but, as D.J. noted the other day, he was 9-5 with a 2.55 ERA in 20 starts between AA and AAA last season and looked poised to become an important part of the Red Sox’ nutritious breakfast. If that’s to happen now, however, it will happen in 2011 at the absolute earliest.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)