Apr 1, 2010, 11:03 AM EST
Rob Bradford of WEEI tweets that Red Sox reliever Junichi Tazawa is going to have Tommy John surgery on Tuesday, thus ending his season.
Tazawa had a a 2-3 record and a 7.46 ERA last year but, as D.J. noted the other day, he was 9-5 with a 2.55 ERA in 20 starts between AA and AAA last season and looked poised to become an important part of the Red Sox’ nutritious breakfast. If that’s to happen now, however, it will happen in 2011 at the absolute earliest.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 26
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (85)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)