Apr 1, 2010, 11:42 AM EDT
Mark Teixeira is back in the Yankees’ lineup today after being plunked on the elbow by a Jeremy Guthrie pitch Monday, but Jorge Posada was a last-minute scratch because of neck stiffness.
Posada’s injury is not believed to be serious and Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that he’ll try to play as soon as tomorrow against the Orioles.
Backup catcher Francisco Cervelli could begin the season on the disabled list after suffering a hamstring injury Tuesday, so veteran Mike Rivera may suddenly be in line for a roster spot and some unexpected playing time in New York
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)