Apr 1, 2010, 11:42 AM EDT
Mark Teixeira is back in the Yankees’ lineup today after being plunked on the elbow by a Jeremy Guthrie pitch Monday, but Jorge Posada was a last-minute scratch because of neck stiffness.
Posada’s injury is not believed to be serious and Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that he’ll try to play as soon as tomorrow against the Orioles.
Backup catcher Francisco Cervelli could begin the season on the disabled list after suffering a hamstring injury Tuesday, so veteran Mike Rivera may suddenly be in line for a roster spot and some unexpected playing time in New York
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)