Apr 1, 2010, 11:42 AM EST
Mark Teixeira is back in the Yankees’ lineup today after being plunked on the elbow by a Jeremy Guthrie pitch Monday, but Jorge Posada was a last-minute scratch because of neck stiffness.
Posada’s injury is not believed to be serious and Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that he’ll try to play as soon as tomorrow against the Orioles.
Backup catcher Francisco Cervelli could begin the season on the disabled list after suffering a hamstring injury Tuesday, so veteran Mike Rivera may suddenly be in line for a roster spot and some unexpected playing time in New York
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)