Apr 1, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
So much for that fifth starter’s race. Now that the Phillies have placed Joe Blanton on the 15-day disabled list with a strained oblique muscle, it looks like both Jamie Moyer and Kyle Kendrick will get to start, at least for a while.
Zolecki says Blanton could be out anywhere from 3-6 weeks. He also reminds us that both J.A. Happ and Clay Condrey — who was not, contrary to what I once thought, a member of the 1980s tag team the Midnight Express — had strained obliques last year. Happ only missed a couple of starts. Condrey missed a lot of time, but Zolecki says that Blanton’s injury is more like Happ’s.
Curt Schilling could not be reached for comment on these developments as of press time.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)