Apr 1, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
So much for that fifth starter’s race. Now that the Phillies have placed Joe Blanton on the 15-day disabled list with a strained oblique muscle, it looks like both Jamie Moyer and Kyle Kendrick will get to start, at least for a while.
Zolecki says Blanton could be out anywhere from 3-6 weeks. He also reminds us that both J.A. Happ and Clay Condrey — who was not, contrary to what I once thought, a member of the 1980s tag team the Midnight Express — had strained obliques last year. Happ only missed a couple of starts. Condrey missed a lot of time, but Zolecki says that Blanton’s injury is more like Happ’s.
Curt Schilling could not be reached for comment on these developments as of press time.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)