Apr 1, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
So much for that fifth starter’s race. Now that the Phillies have placed Joe Blanton on the 15-day disabled list with a strained oblique muscle, it looks like both Jamie Moyer and Kyle Kendrick will get to start, at least for a while.
Zolecki says Blanton could be out anywhere from 3-6 weeks. He also reminds us that both J.A. Happ and Clay Condrey — who was not, contrary to what I once thought, a member of the 1980s tag team the Midnight Express — had strained obliques last year. Happ only missed a couple of starts. Condrey missed a lot of time, but Zolecki says that Blanton’s injury is more like Happ’s.
Curt Schilling could not be reached for comment on these developments as of press time.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)