Apr 1, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
So much for that fifth starter’s race. Now that the Phillies have placed Joe Blanton on the 15-day disabled list with a strained oblique muscle, it looks like both Jamie Moyer and Kyle Kendrick will get to start, at least for a while.
Zolecki says Blanton could be out anywhere from 3-6 weeks. He also reminds us that both J.A. Happ and Clay Condrey — who was not, contrary to what I once thought, a member of the 1980s tag team the Midnight Express — had strained obliques last year. Happ only missed a couple of starts. Condrey missed a lot of time, but Zolecki says that Blanton’s injury is more like Happ’s.
Curt Schilling could not be reached for comment on these developments as of press time.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47