Apr 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
We heard over the winter that Jermaine Dye rejected a $3 million offer from the Cubs. Today we learn, via Morosi and Rosenthal, that Dye rejected the overtures of the Milwaukee Brewers in just the past week.
We don’t know how much the Brewers offered Dye, of course, but if the guy really wants to play baseball in 2010, what other options does he have? He miscalculated the market this year. He’s got no team that wants him. It becomes less likely, not more likely, that someone will come calling as the season wears on.
What, exactly, is Jermaine Dye waiting for?
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)