Apr 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
We heard over the winter that Jermaine Dye rejected a $3 million offer from the Cubs. Today we learn, via Morosi and Rosenthal, that Dye rejected the overtures of the Milwaukee Brewers in just the past week.
We don’t know how much the Brewers offered Dye, of course, but if the guy really wants to play baseball in 2010, what other options does he have? He miscalculated the market this year. He’s got no team that wants him. It becomes less likely, not more likely, that someone will come calling as the season wears on.
What, exactly, is Jermaine Dye waiting for?
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)