Apr 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
We heard over the winter that Jermaine Dye rejected a $3 million offer from the Cubs. Today we learn, via Morosi and Rosenthal, that Dye rejected the overtures of the Milwaukee Brewers in just the past week.
We don’t know how much the Brewers offered Dye, of course, but if the guy really wants to play baseball in 2010, what other options does he have? He miscalculated the market this year. He’s got no team that wants him. It becomes less likely, not more likely, that someone will come calling as the season wears on.
What, exactly, is Jermaine Dye waiting for?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)