Apr 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
We heard over the winter that Jermaine Dye rejected a $3 million offer from the Cubs. Today we learn, via Morosi and Rosenthal, that Dye rejected the overtures of the Milwaukee Brewers in just the past week.
We don’t know how much the Brewers offered Dye, of course, but if the guy really wants to play baseball in 2010, what other options does he have? He miscalculated the market this year. He’s got no team that wants him. It becomes less likely, not more likely, that someone will come calling as the season wears on.
What, exactly, is Jermaine Dye waiting for?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)