Apr 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
We heard over the winter that Jermaine Dye rejected a $3 million offer from the Cubs. Today we learn, via Morosi and Rosenthal, that Dye rejected the overtures of the Milwaukee Brewers in just the past week.
We don’t know how much the Brewers offered Dye, of course, but if the guy really wants to play baseball in 2010, what other options does he have? He miscalculated the market this year. He’s got no team that wants him. It becomes less likely, not more likely, that someone will come calling as the season wears on.
What, exactly, is Jermaine Dye waiting for?
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)