Apr 2, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
The first President Bush, that is, with the only Babe Ruth.
There some other fun politics-meets-baseball pics in that slide show. I’m kinda partial to Jimmy Carter taking a hack while wearing a baseball cap that appears to be official apparel from the Rebel Alliance’s baseball team. Jimmy really looks like he got out way ahead of that changeup, though. Tough break.
Finally, I’m accepting any and all guesses as to what Bill Clinton is telling Mr. Met in this pic. I’d tell you to keep it clean, but when you get Clinton and Mr. Met together, I mean forget it.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)