Apr 2, 2010, 6:46 PM EDT
The Rangers have signed right-hander Scott Feldman to a three-year, $13.325 million contract extension, reports Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com. The contract includes a $9.25 million club option for 2013, or a $600,000 buyout.
Feldman and the Rangers avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $2,425,000 contract in January, however it was overwritten by the new deal, which covers all three of his arbitration years. The 27-year-old will make $2.425 million in 2010, $4.4 million in
2011 and $6.5 million in 2012.
Feldman enjoyed a breakthrough season in 2009, finishing 17-8 with a 4.08 ERA and 1.28 WHIP in 34 games (31 starts). Though he made for a really nice story, the reality is that he posted an underwhelming 113/65 K/BB ratio over 189 innings, all the while surviving with a largely unsustainable .275 batting average against.
In other words, don’t be surprised to see him pitch like a No. 3 starter during the length of this contract. Still, that’s probably a pretty nice bargain given the small price tag.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights