Apr 2, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
As Drew wrote last night, the Sox gave Scott Schoenweis a job in the bullpen after less than a week in camp. Is this evidence that, as I mentioned in my preview, that the Sox’ bullpen is an area of concern, or are they merely taking a chance in the hopes of redeeming an obviously wounded soul?
Maybe the latter, because the Red Sox seem to be all about redemption this week, what with their choice of Keri Hilson to sing the National Anthem before Sunday night’s season opener against the Yankees. This is the same Keri Hilson who totally screwed up the anthem before the Lakers-Hawks game the other night. What, they couldn’t get Enrico Pallazzo?
Frankly, I have a lot more faith in Schoenweis.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)