Apr 2, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
As Drew wrote last night, the Sox gave Scott Schoenweis a job in the bullpen after less than a week in camp. Is this evidence that, as I mentioned in my preview, that the Sox’ bullpen is an area of concern, or are they merely taking a chance in the hopes of redeeming an obviously wounded soul?
Maybe the latter, because the Red Sox seem to be all about redemption this week, what with their choice of Keri Hilson to sing the National Anthem before Sunday night’s season opener against the Yankees. This is the same Keri Hilson who totally screwed up the anthem before the Lakers-Hawks game the other night. What, they couldn’t get Enrico Pallazzo?
Frankly, I have a lot more faith in Schoenweis.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)