Apr 2, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
As Drew wrote last night, the Sox gave Scott Schoenweis a job in the bullpen after less than a week in camp. Is this evidence that, as I mentioned in my preview, that the Sox’ bullpen is an area of concern, or are they merely taking a chance in the hopes of redeeming an obviously wounded soul?
Maybe the latter, because the Red Sox seem to be all about redemption this week, what with their choice of Keri Hilson to sing the National Anthem before Sunday night’s season opener against the Yankees. This is the same Keri Hilson who totally screwed up the anthem before the Lakers-Hawks game the other night. What, they couldn’t get Enrico Pallazzo?
Frankly, I have a lot more faith in Schoenweis.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 0
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 38
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72