Apr 2, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
Reports persist of the Royals’ interest in free-agent pitcher Jarrod
Washburn without any apparent substantiation from club officials.
Further, one top club official says the Royals are $1.5 million over
budget for their major-league payroll.
Personally, I trust Bob Dutton with Royals news more than I trust Heyman, and that doesn’t sound like a team who is offering “significant” money to Jarrod Washburn.
Unless and until that story changes out of Kansas City, I’m going to assume that this is yet another instance of Boras using Heyman in order to help create a competitive market for one of his clients where one does not in fact exist.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 56
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)