Apr 2, 2010, 7:57 AM EST
Reports persist of the Royals’ interest in free-agent pitcher Jarrod
Washburn without any apparent substantiation from club officials.
Further, one top club official says the Royals are $1.5 million over
budget for their major-league payroll.
Personally, I trust Bob Dutton with Royals news more than I trust Heyman, and that doesn’t sound like a team who is offering “significant” money to Jarrod Washburn.
Unless and until that story changes out of Kansas City, I’m going to assume that this is yet another instance of Boras using Heyman in order to help create a competitive market for one of his clients where one does not in fact exist.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 31
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 28
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 46
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)