Apr 2, 2010, 7:57 AM EST
Reports persist of the Royals’ interest in free-agent pitcher Jarrod
Washburn without any apparent substantiation from club officials.
Further, one top club official says the Royals are $1.5 million over
budget for their major-league payroll.
Personally, I trust Bob Dutton with Royals news more than I trust Heyman, and that doesn’t sound like a team who is offering “significant” money to Jarrod Washburn.
Unless and until that story changes out of Kansas City, I’m going to assume that this is yet another instance of Boras using Heyman in order to help create a competitive market for one of his clients where one does not in fact exist.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)