Apr 2, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
Reports persist of the Royals’ interest in free-agent pitcher Jarrod
Washburn without any apparent substantiation from club officials.
Further, one top club official says the Royals are $1.5 million over
budget for their major-league payroll.
Personally, I trust Bob Dutton with Royals news more than I trust Heyman, and that doesn’t sound like a team who is offering “significant” money to Jarrod Washburn.
Unless and until that story changes out of Kansas City, I’m going to assume that this is yet another instance of Boras using Heyman in order to help create a competitive market for one of his clients where one does not in fact exist.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 14
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 47
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)