Apr 2, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
Reports persist of the Royals’ interest in free-agent pitcher Jarrod
Washburn without any apparent substantiation from club officials.
Further, one top club official says the Royals are $1.5 million over
budget for their major-league payroll.
Personally, I trust Bob Dutton with Royals news more than I trust Heyman, and that doesn’t sound like a team who is offering “significant” money to Jarrod Washburn.
Unless and until that story changes out of Kansas City, I’m going to assume that this is yet another instance of Boras using Heyman in order to help create a competitive market for one of his clients where one does not in fact exist.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)