Apr 2, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Injuries are piling up for the Yankees with about 55 hours to go before their Opening Night matchup against the Red Sox.
Jorge Posada sat out his second straight game today with a sore neck.
Damaso Marte is unavailable out of the bullpen because of what manager Joe Girardi describes as “cranky left shoulder.”
And now Nick “Day-to-Day” Johnson left this afternoon’s game in the first inning after fouling a ball off his right knee.
But hey, at least backup catcher Francisco Cervelli looks likely to avoid the disabled list!
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)