Apr 2, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Injuries are piling up for the Yankees with about 55 hours to go before their Opening Night matchup against the Red Sox.
Jorge Posada sat out his second straight game today with a sore neck.
Damaso Marte is unavailable out of the bullpen because of what manager Joe Girardi describes as “cranky left shoulder.”
And now Nick “Day-to-Day” Johnson left this afternoon’s game in the first inning after fouling a ball off his right knee.
But hey, at least backup catcher Francisco Cervelli looks likely to avoid the disabled list!
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 29
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)