Apr 2, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Injuries are piling up for the Yankees with about 55 hours to go before their Opening Night matchup against the Red Sox.
Jorge Posada sat out his second straight game today with a sore neck.
Damaso Marte is unavailable out of the bullpen because of what manager Joe Girardi describes as “cranky left shoulder.”
And now Nick “Day-to-Day” Johnson left this afternoon’s game in the first inning after fouling a ball off his right knee.
But hey, at least backup catcher Francisco Cervelli looks likely to avoid the disabled list!
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)