Apr 2, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Injuries are piling up for the Yankees with about 55 hours to go before their Opening Night matchup against the Red Sox.
Jorge Posada sat out his second straight game today with a sore neck.
Damaso Marte is unavailable out of the bullpen because of what manager Joe Girardi describes as “cranky left shoulder.”
And now Nick “Day-to-Day” Johnson left this afternoon’s game in the first inning after fouling a ball off his right knee.
But hey, at least backup catcher Francisco Cervelli looks likely to avoid the disabled list!
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)