Apr 2, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Injuries are piling up for the Yankees with about 55 hours to go before their Opening Night matchup against the Red Sox.
Jorge Posada sat out his second straight game today with a sore neck.
Damaso Marte is unavailable out of the bullpen because of what manager Joe Girardi describes as “cranky left shoulder.”
And now Nick “Day-to-Day” Johnson left this afternoon’s game in the first inning after fouling a ball off his right knee.
But hey, at least backup catcher Francisco Cervelli looks likely to avoid the disabled list!
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 14
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 12
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 28
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 46
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (184)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)