Apr 3, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT
7:28pm: Bailey told Slusser after the game that he only felt a bit of grabbing in his knee and should be fine for the start of the regular season. He pitched through a similar knee issue last year and we all know how well that turned out.
6:34pm: Scary news out of A’s camp this afternoon. According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, closer Andrew Bailey left Saturday’s game against the Giants with a possible ankle sprain.
The 25-year-old was scheduled to throw a full inning in his final tuneup for the regular season, but threw just two pitches before suffering the injury. If it is indeed a sprain, there’s a good chance he won’t be available for Oakland’s Opening Day contest against the Mariners.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 0
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)