Apr 3, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT
7:28pm: Bailey told Slusser after the game that he only felt a bit of grabbing in his knee and should be fine for the start of the regular season. He pitched through a similar knee issue last year and we all know how well that turned out.
6:34pm: Scary news out of A’s camp this afternoon. According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, closer Andrew Bailey left Saturday’s game against the Giants with a possible ankle sprain.
The 25-year-old was scheduled to throw a full inning in his final tuneup for the regular season, but threw just two pitches before suffering the injury. If it is indeed a sprain, there’s a good chance he won’t be available for Oakland’s Opening Day contest against the Mariners.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 46
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 99
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 73
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)