Apr 3, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT
7:28pm: Bailey told Slusser after the game that he only felt a bit of grabbing in his knee and should be fine for the start of the regular season. He pitched through a similar knee issue last year and we all know how well that turned out.
6:34pm: Scary news out of A’s camp this afternoon. According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, closer Andrew Bailey left Saturday’s game against the Giants with a possible ankle sprain.
The 25-year-old was scheduled to throw a full inning in his final tuneup for the regular season, but threw just two pitches before suffering the injury. If it is indeed a sprain, there’s a good chance he won’t be available for Oakland’s Opening Day contest against the Mariners.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 61
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)