Apr 3, 2010, 7:28 PM EST
7:28pm: Bailey told Slusser after the game that he only felt a bit of grabbing in his knee and should be fine for the start of the regular season. He pitched through a similar knee issue last year and we all know how well that turned out.
6:34pm: Scary news out of A’s camp this afternoon. According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, closer Andrew Bailey left Saturday’s game against the Giants with a possible ankle sprain.
The 25-year-old was scheduled to throw a full inning in his final tuneup for the regular season, but threw just two pitches before suffering the injury. If it is indeed a sprain, there’s a good chance he won’t be available for Oakland’s Opening Day contest against the Mariners.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 17
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)