Apr 3, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Jose Reyes was 1-for-3 with a double and two walks in a minor league intersquad game in Port St. Lucie on Saturday, according to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com. Reyes played all nine innings in the field for the first time this spring. He is scheduled to have a day off on Sunday before resuming his rehab.
A minor technicality, the Mets have yet to officially place him on the disabled list. The fanboy part of me hopes he rises out of the “Home Run Apple” in dramatic fashion during pregame warm-ups on Monday afternoon, taking his rightful place at shortstop. Alas, he’ll most likely return from the disabled list next weekend against the Nationals. Sigh.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)