Apr 3, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Jose Reyes was 1-for-3 with a double and two walks in a minor league intersquad game in Port St. Lucie on Saturday, according to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com. Reyes played all nine innings in the field for the first time this spring. He is scheduled to have a day off on Sunday before resuming his rehab.
A minor technicality, the Mets have yet to officially place him on the disabled list. The fanboy part of me hopes he rises out of the “Home Run Apple” in dramatic fashion during pregame warm-ups on Monday afternoon, taking his rightful place at shortstop. Alas, he’ll most likely return from the disabled list next weekend against the Nationals. Sigh.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)