Apr 3, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Jose Reyes was 1-for-3 with a double and two walks in a minor league intersquad game in Port St. Lucie on Saturday, according to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com. Reyes played all nine innings in the field for the first time this spring. He is scheduled to have a day off on Sunday before resuming his rehab.
A minor technicality, the Mets have yet to officially place him on the disabled list. The fanboy part of me hopes he rises out of the “Home Run Apple” in dramatic fashion during pregame warm-ups on Monday afternoon, taking his rightful place at shortstop. Alas, he’ll most likely return from the disabled list next weekend against the Nationals. Sigh.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)