Apr 3, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Jose Reyes was 1-for-3 with a double and two walks in a minor league intersquad game in Port St. Lucie on Saturday, according to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com. Reyes played all nine innings in the field for the first time this spring. He is scheduled to have a day off on Sunday before resuming his rehab.
A minor technicality, the Mets have yet to officially place him on the disabled list. The fanboy part of me hopes he rises out of the “Home Run Apple” in dramatic fashion during pregame warm-ups on Monday afternoon, taking his rightful place at shortstop. Alas, he’ll most likely return from the disabled list next weekend against the Nationals. Sigh.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)